This post contains affiliate links.
Is the summer sun doing a number on your skin? Are you skipping “me time” because the kids are sapping your time (and patience) this summer? If the answer is “yes” to either, I have something to help your skin and remind you that you need “me time.” If you have friends who are zapped this summer and are counting down the days until school’s back in session, do him or her a favor and make this soothing orange and chamomile body scrub.
The chamomile in the scrub will help calm irritated skin while providing a dose of antioxidants. The accompanying chamomile tea bag in the cute tea envelope (template provided for free down below) will give you or your friend an excuse to slow down and sip a cuppa. Giving your frazzled friend this sweet gift will let her know how much she’s appreciated. It will also give her a not-so subtle hint that she needs to chillax and unwind. 😉
No matter how busy or chaotic things get this summer, take some time to be good to yourself and to others. It will make for a memorable summer.
DIY: Soothing Orange and Chamomile Body Scrub (W/Free Printable Tea Envelope)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 organic chamomile tea bags (I used Stash brand)
- orange essential oil (I used Now brand)
- two 4 oz jars
- Add the granulated sugar to a large glass bowl.
- Pour in the grapeseed oil and combine.
- Tear open the tea bags and empty the contents into the bowl.
- Add 6-8 drops of orange essential oil and combine.
- If the scrub mixture is too dry, add in more grapeseed oil a tablespoon at a time until you’re satisfied with the texture.
- Fill two clean 4oz mason jars with the scrub mixture.
- Print the free tea envelope template (found below) and fold one tea bag inside.
- Punch holes into the sides of the tea envelope and string with ribbon, twine, or jute. Wrap around the mason jar lid and tie in a knot or bow.
- You’re done!
Note: After you use this scrub in your bathtub, be sure to wipe down any slippery spots. You wouldn’t want someone to slip and fall.
If you’re wondering about the scent of this scrub, it’s light and refreshing with a subtle note of orange. It’s not overpowering at all.
Can you see all the lovely chamomile in there? It’s so good for irritated skin. Ask me how I know! 😉
Who will you be making this for (pssst…it’s okay to make it for yourself)?