Why I Switched To StudioPress Web Hosting and Why I Love Their Service
If you’ve been blogging for a while, you’ve probably heard of StudioPress. They’re known for their top-notch WordPress themes like Metro, News, Lifestyle, and the very popular Foodie Pro (the theme I currently use). When I learned that StudioPress started offering web hosting, I decided to give them a try after feeling frustrated with my (then) current host.
My old host:
- Since my website is photo heavy, I often received notices that I exhausted my memory limit. This meant moving to a plan with a higher memory limit which ultimately meant more money per month.
- No perks. No freebies. No extras. Even daily backups required a fee.
- There was very little downtime and the customer service was great but the monthly payment of $200+ month was killing my bottom line.
My new host (StudioPress Sites) and Why I Love Their Service:
- For $27 a month, I’m receiving quality web hosting with no difference in load time. If you want to save some green, you can save 10% by paying annually.
- I received a FREE SSL Certificate through Let’s Encrypt that StudioPress installed for me. That took my site from http to https which is important because I don’t want Google to rank my site as non-secure.
- In my WordPress dashboard, I have access to twenty-one (21!) of StudioPress’s premium WordPress themes. These are all included in the $27 monthly fee. That means I can switch to a new child theme at any time without additional cost.
- No more cache plugins! StudioPress Sites handles this on their end.
- Daily backups are included! Yay!
- Purchase your new StudioPress Sites web hosting by July 14, 2017, 5 pm Pacific time and you’ll receive a coupon code good for a FREE MIGRATION! That’s a $99 value. The Free Migration for StudioPress Sites coupon code does not have to be used this week. You can save the coupon code for later use.
- The customer service is top-notch. I’ve received prompt answers to all my questions and any issues have been quickly resolved.
Now, because I’m all about transparency, the only downside to hosting with StudioPress Sites is not having access to your cPanel. This doesn’t mean you can’t access your WordPress files. You can access them using an FTP handler like CyberDuck. Have no idea what I’m talking about? Don’t worry. I was dazed and confused at first also until I read StudioPress’s tutorial in their Support Forum. The tutorial shows you how to use CyberDuck step by step, and with screenshots. Because of this, not having access to cPanel is no longer an issue for me.
If you’re unhappy with your current web host or want to access all the bonuses that StudioPress Sites offers, start the process this week so you can get the FREE Migration coupon code. I hope you love them as much as I do but in case you don’t, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. In the world of “no refunds”, that sure means a lot to me.
Note: In the 8+ years I’ve been blogging, I’ve used many of the popular web hosting companies and most have been an average experience. There were a few horrible experiences and yes, those companies are still in business. I’m recommending StudioPress Sites because I’ve been using their services for 5+ months and I’m very happy with them. I only recommend products or services I use and love.
If you have any questions, be sure to leave me a comment and I’ll answer you the best I can.