Unless you were born with flawless skin, I’m sure at some point you have struggled with skin problems and imperfections; I know I have, ugh! I have dealt with dark spots, acne, and an uneven skin-tone all of my life! I hate it! It has been so severe that I needed the help of a Dermatologist and prescription strength products (such as Retin-A). But finally, thanks to some ahhh-mazing products that I found, I finally have the courage to walk outside without makeup on!
I know I know this may sound a bit extreme but I have always been insecure about my skin problems. So I get pretty excited about it haha. If you or someone you know also has a problem with dark spots or discoloration, please take a look below at products that have been PROVEN to work (by real people, not just scientists).
The Top Ten Dark Spot Correctors That Will Give You Amazing Results!
*These are not listed in any specific order.
1) Clinique’s Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is comparable to prescription products. I personally use this and find it amazing! With regular use, you will notice a definite improvement in skin tone. I love it.
WHAT IT DOES
Even Better Clinical Serum is proven to help reverse the appearance of dark spots and blemish marks. See a visibly brighter complexion. Soothing Optimizer keeps skin calm, helping it better resist future darkening. Both are dispensed from a dual-chamber bottle that separates each serum, preserving the purity and potency of the ingredients until right before application.
2) Admire My Skin Ulta Potent Brightening Cream:
This is a top seller on Amazon but I wouldn’t recommend it if you have sensitive skin. The acids may irritate your skin.
2% HYDROQUINONE – Helps brighten and fade dark spots, hyperpigmentation & melasma: The acids gently peel dark spots to reveal brighter skin: This product can be used either once OR twice per day
OUR PROMISE TO YOU – We promise this OTC product will provide effective results within 4 weeks when used as directed.
CONTAINS MORE EFFECTIVE ingredients than other brands – This formula contains 2% Hydroquinone, Salicylic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid & Vitamin C: the directions on the insert says “start out by using every other day and working up to daily use”
CONTAINS THE HIGHEST concentration of hydroquinone allowed without a prescription – Use this for 4 weeks and you’ll notice you dark spots have faded and your complexion will be much smoother and even toned.
3) Garnier SkinActiveClearly Brighter Dark Spot Corrector can be found at any drug or beauty store. This is perfect if you’re on a budget (it’s about $12-14)! It’s a daily moisturizer that fights against dark spots, age spots, and acne blemishes.
4) Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask has speedy results to reduce the appearance of dark spots. Of course, with anything this good, it does have an expensive price tag (about $70 at most major department stores).
An original brightening mask inspired by iontophoresis: a beauty treatment that saturates skin with a generous amount of brightening ingredients. Through the power of Ion Force Technology, the brightening ingredients are absorbed deep within the skin for highly effective results. Remove the mask and see your skin refreshed, bright and even toned. Includes 6 masks. 0.91 oz. Made in Japan.
5) L’Oreal’s Youth Code Serum Corrector is great for all skin tones/types and will help improve your skin’s tone and texture over time. After applying, your skin will also look instantly luminous.
6) Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution definitely has good reviews. It reduces the appearance of any dark spots while also preventing dark spots to occur in the future.
Activated C (potent next-generation active; works faster than the leading dark spot ingredient; penetrates rapidly to attack deep-set dark spots while preventing the formation of new discolorations for visibly more uniform skin tone and clarity)White birch extract (sugar-derived ingredient known for the ability to restore hydration and nutrients to the dermis and epidermis; helps increase skin elasticity levels and collagen production, resulting in restored skin density, volume, and thickness)
Peony extract (works synergistically with activated C to facilitate the reversal of discoloration for skin clarity)
7) Peter Thomas Roth’s De-Spot Brightening Corrector has mostly positive reviews. It helps to brighten dark spots from sun exposure, acne blemishes/marks, and aging. It has been proven to give amazing results with regular use and doesn’t cause irritation.
8) Aveda’s Enbrightenment Brightening Correcting Serum contains natural ingredients that diminish the appearance of dark spots and discoloration. Aveda also has a starter kit that includes a cleanser, a brightening correcting serum and crème, and also a treatment toner. Update: This product has been discontinued but you can still find it online.
9) Estée Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum has fabulous reviews online and this brand has stood the test of time.
Formulated with intensive, comprehensive skintone correcting technology including our powerful anti-irritant boosting compound and advanced anti-spot ingredient, this potent serum is the essential core of the Enlighten regimen. By night, it works naturally with skin’s rhythm and begins to significantly reduce the look of dark spots, sun spots, post acne marks, dullness and redness. By day, anti-oxidants help defend against the damage that can cause future spots. Instantly, it amplifies skin’s natural luminosity. Proven effective for all ethnicities.
10) Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power Cx 30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum is amazing but it doesn’t come cheap. Read the reviews though and you’ll see why it’s worth every penny.
Helps improve collagen, brighten, smooth, firm, revitalize and improves the appearance of uneven skin tone fine lines & wrinkles. The amazonian Camu Camu berry has 30 times the vitamin C of an orange. This highly concentrated vitamin C has superior absorption properties due to its low molecular weight allowing it to better penetrate the skin, help boost collagen production, brighten, smooth, firm, and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles. Powerful antioxidant Camu Camu with vitamins A, D & E also helps revitalize the look of skin while helping to fight free radical attack.
Let me know which one works for you or if you have a different product that you have had good results with as well. 🙂
**Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only and I was not paid to write this post by any of the brands/companies of the products listed. Before trying a new skincare product, be sure to check with your Dermatologist and also look at ingredient labels for anything that you might be allergic to. Always test a patch of skin when trying a new product to be sure no irritation occurs.
This post contains affiliate links which means we may earn a small commission should you purchase a product from one of our links. You won’t pay anything additional and you’ll help keep the content on this website free by doing so because web servers are expensive Y’all!