Disclaimer: This is an informational post based upon my experience and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice.
When people learn that I had weight loss surgery, they usually ask me two things:
- how much weight have you lost &
- was the surgery painful?
Of course, I’m always happy to talk about the fact that I’ve lost 95 lbs (so far) but I usually gloss over the surgery part. Why? Because most people don’t have the time to listen to me explain why parts of it were painful.
I’m not going lie. My first two days of post-op were hard.
I had my own personal fire and fury going on in my guts and it was not fun.
But you know what? I’d go through it all again because it brought me to the point I’m at today (healthy weight range/size 4-6 clothing).
If you’re planning on having weight loss surgery, do not let the thought of pain deter you because the pain will only be temporary. T-E-M-P-O-R-A-R-Y.
In today’s video, I detail my gastric sleeve recovery experience and I also give you tips and suggestions to help you during your recovery phase of weight loss surgery.
Grab a pen and paper because you might want to jot down a few notes. =)
Gastric Sleeve Recovery: My Post-Op Experience
A few takeaways:
- It’s normal to have fear and anxiety before your surgery.
- It’s normal to second guess your decision as you start transitioning into your new normal.
- Omeprazole is your friend.
- If you’re in pain, don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Sip slowly.
- Walk regularly.
- Remind yourself that each day is a step towards a new, lighter you.
- Sip slowly (it’s so important I’m highlighting it again!)
What do you want to hear about in my next weight loss surgery video?