I hope today’s recipe becomes one of your favorites. =)
For those of you wondering, you are allowed to eat blue cheese on the keto diet. With only .7 grams of carbohydrates per ounce, blue cheese is a great way to add flavor and fill your belly, while keeping to the keto diet guidelines.
Beef and bacon are pretty epic together but when you throw in cheese and mushrooms? O-M-G.
I’m calling these guys Beef + Bacon Blue Cheese Sliders. Without the bun.
We didn’t want all the carbs in that bread anyway, did we?!
If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, feta would be a great substitute but feel free to adapt to your liking.
Swiss and cheddar would work well too but sticking with a stronger cheese like blue cheese (or feta) keeps the flavors in check.
When I made these Beef + Bacon Blue Cheese Sliders, I served broccoli as my side. I know broccoli is one of those controversial veggies but hey, this grown-up loves broccoli.
I never thought I’d say that when I was a kid, lol.
Note: One cup of broccoli contains approximately four net grams of carbohydrates.
When you’re ready to make this deliciousness, you can download and print the recipe below.
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, add to your recipes on Yummly or Pinterest.
We appreciate each and every social media share.
Keto Beef Recipes: Beef and Bacon Blue Cheese Sliders
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons white onion, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cut into thirds and cooked
1. Preheat oven broiler to high and set top oven rack to the second highest setting.
2. Add ground beef, mustard, garlic, and onion to a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and mix with a fork or your fingers until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Divide beef mixture into 8 portions and shape each into small patties. Set patties on a plate and gently press each with your thumb in the center to keep them from puffing up while cooking. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are nicely browned, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
5. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add patties to the skillet and cook until brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Remove from heat and top each slider with sautéed mushrooms and crumbled blue cheese. Place skillet in oven under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until blue cheese starts to melt.
7.Remove skillet from oven and top each slider with a piece of bacon and serve immediately on a bed of lettuce (optional).
Serving size--one to two sliders
- Total carbs: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0.25 g.
- Net carbs: 1.25 g
Nutritional content is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for medical advice.
*Source: VeryWell.com Recipe Analyzer
Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 2-In-1 Multi Cooker | 3-Quart Dutch Oven and Skillet Lid Set Oven Safe Cookware | Use As Dutch Oven and Frying Pan | Indoor and Outdoor Use | Grill, Stovetop, Induction Safe
Lodge 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Classic Red Enamel Dutch Oven with Self Basting Lid . (Island Spice Red)
Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 68 Fl Oz
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.