Make Your Own Pink Sugar Coconut Scrub (Easy DIY)
As we approach the end of January, I thought it would be fun to post another Valentine’s Day craft. If you missed it earlier this week, check out my “Sprinkle Love Like Confetti” Valentine’s Day Wreath. Posting these projects early gives you time to get your materials together before Valentine’s Day (and not the night before like I may or may not have done in the past).
There are tons of sugar scrub recipes that can be found online but the majority of them include two basic ingredients: coconut oil and white sugar. What makes this DIY fun is the cute accessories I found in the Dollar Spot at Target. They turned an ordinary sugar scrub into a cute Valentine’s Day gift for my friends or family.
DIY Pink Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of melted organic virgin unrefined coconut oil (Note: use 2/3 cup if your like your scrub more moist than rough)
- 1 drop of red food coloring (Note: can use a drop or two of cherry juice instead of food coloring)
- Add the sugar to a large bowl.
- Place your coconut oil in a microwave-safe container and melt for 15-30 seconds.
- Quickly pour the melted coconut oil into the sugar and combine.
- Add 1 drop of red food coloring and thoroughly mix together.
The color should distribute throughout the mixture and turn your scrub a pretty pink color.
Once the sugar scrub is all combined, add it to a 4 or 8 oz glass jar. I used mini mason jars that I found at Target in their Dollar Spot. Each jar holds approximately 8 oz so I was able to fill two jars with the recipe listed above.
Note: Based on personal experience, this scrub should be used within 30 days.
Another Dollar Spot find, I used these cute cupcake erasers on top of the jars. Using a drop of super glue, I attached one to the top of each jar lid. Who doesn’t love colorful cupcakes?!
While in the Dollar Spot aisle, these ponies/unicorns, jumped into my cart. They knew they’d found a good home because look at how awesome they are hanging out on the sugar scrub jars.
Aren’t they adorable? The Valentine’s Day cards are were included in the pack of unicorns so all I had to do was tie them on. I used the third mason jar for conversation hearts because, duh, convo hearts. 😉