If you’re here because you love all things pumpkin, you are my people, my tribe. I see you and I welcome you to celebrate all things pumpkin.
There are those that try and shame us pumpkin lovers but I refuse to minimize my love for all the pumpkin things. Pumpkin spice. Pumpkin latte. Pumpkin coffee creamer. Pumpkin Bread.
And now, Pumpkin Cheesecake with a gingersnap crust.
However, I draw the line at this pumpkin concoction.
While this Pumpkin Cheesecake won’t be ready in five minutes, it is worth every single second of prep time. OMG 😍
It’s so good.
And if your gingersnap crust ends up imperfect like mine, don’t worry. No one will even notice.
This cheesecake looks so darn impressive, doesn’t it?
And it’s cheaper than buying one at an overpriced bakery.
A dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice makes for a beautiful dessert. This would be awesome to take to a holiday function or to serve at the holidays.
Have I told you how delicious this was?? OMG, it was shut the front door good.
Ready to make it? You can find the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Also, feel free to tag us on social media if you make it. We might repost your photo!
- 12 ounces of gingersnap cookies (crushed)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- three packages of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 can of pure pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Optional: gingersnap cookies, pumpkin pie spice for garnishment
- Crush the gingersnap cookies into fine pieces using a food processor or plastic bag and rolling pin.
- Add melted butter and brown sugar into a bowl. Stir. Then mix in crushed cookies.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a springform pan (10-inch size). Make sure some of the cookie mixture goes a bit up the sides of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese (softened to room temperature) until it's smooth. Add the pumpkin and mix (scraping the sides of the bowl as needed).
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the sour cream and pumpkin pie spice. Add the vanilla extract and combine.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the springform pan as evenly as possible. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and put on center rack in oven.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Center of the cheesecake will appear undone and jiggly. This is normal.
- Turn off the oven and then crack the door open. Allow cheesecake to sit in oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 45 minutes. Wrap the top with plastic or aluminum foil and chill for at least 6 hours. Overnight is best.
- Right before serving, garnish with additional gingersnap cookies and pumpkin pie spice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Libby's Pure Organic Pumpkin, 15 Ounce (Pack of 12)
McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice, 2 OZ
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Cuisinart DLC-2A Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor (White)
KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Aqua Sky
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Wilton Excelle Elite Non-Stick Springform Pan, 10-Inch
Pin this for later!