On Mother’s Day, and at the last minute (cause that’s how I roll sometimes), I decided to make my mom a pie or cake instead of buying one at the store. Since it was hot as Hades that day, I was looking for something quick, easy, and required little or no baking. Of course, it had to involve chocolate since my mom is a chocoholic like the rest of the women in this family (grandma, I’m looking at you). Combining chocolate chip morsels, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, evaporated milk, and OREO pie crust, I made this delicious (not too sweet) S’mores Pie.
Here’s what you’ll need to make S’mores Pie:
- Oreo pie crust (6 oz premade)
- 1 can (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
- 1 3.9 oz box of chocolate pudding and pie mix (instant, not cook and serve)
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 cup of whipped topping (like cool whip)
- ½ cup of semi-sweet (or milk chocolate) morsels
- Whisk the pudding mix and 1 ¼ cup of evaporated milk in a large bowl. Make sure it’s well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Place 2 cups of marshmallows in a large bowl and pour the remaining evaporated milk over the marshmallows.
- Microwave the marshmallow mixture on high for 45 seconds. Remove and stir the mixture until it’s nice and smooth. Let it cool down for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cool, gently fold in the whipped topping. Spoon this mixture over the chocolate pudding in the pie crust. Smooth the top out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours (or until firm).
- Turn on your oven’s broiler.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chip morsels evenly over the pie and then add the remaining marshmallows.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and broil for about 30-45 seconds (until marshmallows are browned). **Note: Pie should be at least 6-8 inches from the broiler.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until serving time.
Those toasted marshmallows? Oh so good.
This S’Mores Pie would be perfect for summer get-togethers, potluck meals, and family gatherings. If you make it, let me know how you like it!