This post is sponsored by Vocalpoint and Nioxin. All opinions are my own.
For the past few years, I’ve been dealing with thinning hair and hair loss. And you know what? It stinks. Not only has it affected my self-esteem but it has affected my self-confidence at times. Why? Because early in life I was taught that pretty hair, long hair, and perfectly coiffed hair matters. I’m sure my mother didn’t mean any harm whenever she told me to “fix my hair” but her words combined with the pressures of society let me know that “pretty hair” is something to strive for. While I’ve long since abandoned any hope of having perfect hair days, I still want to have good hair days. I want my hair to be an asset and not a distraction. Heck, I just want all my hair to stay on my head.
While I’m certainly not a vain person, I will be the first to admit that my thinning hair bothers me. Would you like to know why? I’ll tell you.
5 Reasons Why Having Thinning Hair Sucks
- It makes me feel older than my chronological age. I can’t explain why. It just does.
- I have to stick to the same hairstyle. When you don’t have a lot of hair, you quickly learn what looks good on you and what doesn’t.
- It makes me feel less attractive. I’m sure this has something to do with the way my generation was raised—i.e., my beauty is in direct proportion to the attractiveness of my hair.
- I have to use a significant amount of texturizer/mousse/volumizer to conceal the thinned out areas on my scalp. I’d rather go au naturel.
- I feel self-conscious about the poor status of my hair. I’ve tried to fight it but I can’t. I’m just too aware of how thinned out my hair is. Blah.
Are you exhausted yet? I know I am because focusing/worrying/obsessing about hair is tiring. That’s why I’ve decided to participate in the Nioxin 90-Day Challenge.
For 90 days, I’ll be applying Nioxin’s HAIR REGROWTH TREATMENT FOR WOMEN twice daily. This hair regrowth treatment contains 2% Minoxidil which is the only ingredient clinically proven to help hair regrowth in women. It’s also the only medicine available to treat female pattern baldness (the reason behind my thinning hair).
After 90 days, I’ll be back with a new post detailing my experience and we’ll see if I have any new hair growth. I’m keeping my fingers crossed! In the meantime, how about joining me on my journey?
To help you get started, Nioxin is kindly giving away (10) sets of Nioxin Hair Regrowth Treatment (Women’s 90 Day Supply). That means TEN of my readers will win a 90 Day Supply each! Woot! To enter, please use the Rafflecopter form below.
I’ll see you in 90 days. In Nioxin we trust!
Nioxin and Vocalpoint will mail out winner’s prizes directly.