Free Vintage Thanksgiving Images Plus Thankfulness Quotes
I cannot believe that I am posting Thanksgiving-related images. It feels like I was just celebrating the Fourth of July and now Thanksgiving is less than a month away!! Eeekk!
To help you get in the decorating mood, I’m sharing images that can be used for your scrapbooks, art projects, crafts, etc., All of the images are vintage——from the late 1800s–early 1900’s. I heart vintage. How about you?
Note: To save an image, open it in a new window and save it to your computer.
This image is from a vintage Thanksgiving postcard. Postcards were very popular in the late 1800s/early 1900s.
I wonder where these kids are taking the pumpkin?
Here’s Mr. Turkey hanging out by himself. Poor Mr. Turkey…run!!!!
I love receiving snail mail–especially holiday cards.
A classic vintage corn image:
Looking for a thankfulness quote for your Thanksgiving table? Here are a few of my faves:
- No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. —–James Allen
- If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. —–Meister Eckhart
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. —–Oprah Winfrey
- Whatever happens in your life, no matter how troubling things might seem, do not enter the neighborhood of despair. Even when all doors remain closed, God will open up a new path only for you. Be thankful! –Elif Shafak
For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. —-
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. —– Aesop
- Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. —–William Faulkner
Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted – a paved road or a washing machine? If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul. —– Harold S. Kushner
- Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some. —–Charles Dickens
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful. –Buddha (563 – 483 BC)
What are you thankful for today?